Thursday, December 30, 2010

Colorless Dreams by LadyAdrienne

Was a beautiful day, upon my arising
 sun shining, temperature rising by the min.
 got dressed , rushing as usual
      eerie feeling started draining
  any positive thoughts I could have
 knew I'd have to work hard to make that dollar bill
 The boss was always looking over my shoulder
      telling me what to do
 No need for me to count my dollars
 always knew what i was to earn
 Miss one day, lose lots of dollars
 work all week,  skip lunch
         more money.
 Why was I chosen to living like this
 Why was I chosen to work a job
    that even though I work long hours
 I still am penniless
   is it the color of my skin
           Black!
 my level of education
     my skills.
  My environment
  colorless, but full of dreams
    dreams that disappear
  Everyday when I get on that train
   I start to count my pennies
       but in my mind.
 Listen to you tell me what to do
     All day
    or  threats of a pink slip saying,
         you're fired
   My life full of dreams
          but
    colorless dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment